Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter's here, time to carve!

Winter has finally come and we've finally gotten snow.  I don't ever remember a wintertime that had such a late onset - the latest I ever remember snow coming was shortly before Christmas.  I suspect this has been Mother Nature's way of apologizing for the long, wet spring (and mosquitoe-y summer)... or global warming.  One or the other.

So since I hate snow and the cold, time for more carving and plotting.  Just as an update to the carving process, I have 4 finished carves waiting to be planted and about a dozen images waiting to be carved. I'm also carving for this year's OPAL, but having brain blocks for clue ideas... Which reminds me, I need to go find some earth magnets on eBay...

For an update to the plotting, there is the ever-constant plotting of new hides/clues as well as my first two letterboxing events, Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, and Box ON! 2012 which will be in Markham.  Only slight angst about that...

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see some of your carves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those animated photos that you're using in your latest posts.

    I'm trying to come up with an idea and location for this year's indoor OPAL challenge. I'm glad we have a whole month to come up with an idea and carve a stamp.

    Lone R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rachel - they're hiding all over southern Ontario for you to see! ;)

    Lone R - they're called cinemagraphs and none of them are mine, but I love them so much I put them up anyways. I've got a number of stamps on the go for OPAL already, and a few will be in libraries, but I a few will be outdoors as well since there are just so few in this area to begin with...

    ReplyDelete