- Blue diamond series clues by fantastic nearby letterboxer
- Old friend who is into hiking and could be easily persuaded to go out for a nice long walk (with markers)
- Nearby conservation area that is ripe with views, nature, wildlife, and recreated First Nations towns
- Bad weather forecast which you ignore
- Forget to pack picnic lunches and instead go to a nice salad bar and pack deliciousness that you'd never be able to prepare yourself
- Working camera that you just fixed yourself (despite Panasonic's own tech staff being unable to do so)
Arrive at heretofore unvisited conservation area which clearly has not been promoted enough. Find that the conservation area is not only wildly beyond expectations given nearby parks, but is virtually empty due to rain forecast. Continue on with giant smiles on your faces.
Easily find first letterbox after viewing some amazing mushroom specimens and getting some amazing photographs with recently repaired camera. The only thing better than a working camera is a camera that you can smugly say is working because you fixed it yourself. Continue smiling with friend and carry on to lunch spot.
Have a delicious lunch while the "terrible" weather finally hits: get sprinkled lightly with rain as you happily catch up, laugh at funny chipmunk antics and eat amazing salads.
Next, finish the letterbox series, finding the last two boxes. All carves are found to be fantastic and the series old enough to have many interesting old stamp finds in the logbooks. Friend will spontaneously say, "this is awesome" and offer to return to go hunt some other long-hike letterboxes. Joy is had by all.
Then decide to take the clue's recommended trail going around the conservation area's lake. See many beautiful sights, including the lake, the pristine forest, beautiful rock mosses, and get flirted with by some saucy turtles who want to show off.
Finish the boardwalk trail and finish up seeing the sights. Smile and laugh with your old friend and agree that a repeat day is definitely in order.