Well, it's been a long time since I've posted here. There probably won't be too many more posts before the end of the year (if any). But here's a quick update of my travels:
- I've moved to downtown Toronto. Mostly everything is unpacked, but I just can't find where I put things. Case in point: I know where my OZ Cut is, can't find my gouges. Little hard to do any carving in those circumstances...
|Supervising the moving process. Also can't find the gouges.|
- I bought one of those Helmer drawer sets for my letterboxing stuff. I saw them in an Ikea a while ago and thought the shallow drawers and mobility of the thing would be perfect for my letterboxing stuff in my new apartment. I was right, it's perfect. Problem: Ikea is discontinuing them. So go buy one asap! I was told what is on shelves is what is left...
- Also, I live right near the Ikea that poor little Darwin went to visit. I think a letterbox commemorating that is in order. Stay tuned in the new year.
|Also, the Burlington Teen Tour Band finishing up the Niagara on the Lake Parade...|
- The marching season is over. No more parades for me this year - luckily the weather was pretty good for all of them, so I haven't lost any fingers to frost bite.
- My Christmas cards are finally done and going out. I carved my own again this year - three different stamps, two from images, two that I carved freehand (into my last bit of that awful crumbly stuff - now it is gone!).
|This year's cards, free hand carves on the last bit of the crumbly stuff. |
Anyways, I'm off. Christmas plans to plan, need to clean my new place, and getting prepped for a new job in the new year. Oh, and I guess I also have to do some Christmas shopping. Gotta go, busy.